Only one(1) SDK is required for typical FB5 operation:
Fixing the missing headers issues
- the latest SDK updated as described below or
- the 10.6 SDK
Adding the support for both issues( i.e. absence of Quickdraw and Print Manager headers ) requires the user to intervene and make one-time changes for the desired SDKs ( i.e. either 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 or 10.11 ). SDK changes should be made carefully.
There are two options for making the SDK changes:
This optional process is only required if you need to build against 10.7 SDKs and higher. In other words, if the 10.6 SDK's limitations don't pose a problem for your project, no changes are required.
- The automated method is the FixSDK app. To run it, use the FB Help menu and select the FixSDK.app option
- The manual method: Manual Method Instructions/Description
You will have to repeat the headers updates after any Xcode update
Since Apple's recent OS X and Xcode updates don't include the Quickdraw framework, FixSDK, or its manual equivalent, should be included in the normal Xcode update cycle but otherwise only needs to be run once for each SDK.
Finding and installing the OS X 10.6 SDK
Both manual and FixSDK approaches REQUIRE a copy of the OS X 10.6 SDK. It may be found here OS X 10.6 SDK
To install: Drag a copy of the 10.6 SDK in the Finder to the directory within the Xcode.app as follows:
- Control-click( or right click if available ) Xcode.app
- Choose Show Package Contents
- Navigate to: Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/
- Drag & drop the MacOSX10.6.sdk in the SDKs directory.